Thursday, July 7, 2011

Hugo

I don't really know how to describe Hugo other than eclectic! This was a neat little town with lots of history! Hugo has 5 circus' that winter there so to say the least a lot of the town is wrapped up in the circus, however it wasn't as big of a deal as I expected it to be! I had lunch at the Harvey House Restaurant inside of the old train depot and it was a good price and good food. The depot was also a museum, however I didn't go in simple because of time, but I heard very good things!




We went in hopes of seeing an elephant or two and an elephant we did find after much hunting! The Endangered Ark Foundation just so happened to have one of their "little" friends outside where we could see! I had my friend Lisa and her 3 year old with us and the 3 year old loved seeing the elephant while Lisa and I were more excited about all of the circus signs and old circus trailers that littered some of the grounds.






Never the less this was a really neat trip. I would highly suggest Hugo, but as a group! The Chamber offers group tours that last 2 days and include all sorts of behind the scenes activities including shooting a historic canon!

Hugo is located down in Southeastern Oklahoma near Robbers Cave which is also well worth a visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment